Travel - Try to Relax
One of the most difficult things to do while traveling is to relax. Flights are delayed or cancelled, you can’t get a good cell signal, children are running around loose, the person in the security line in front you you is taking FOREVER, your hotel room isn’t ready……. etc. It’s crazy!! But what do you do? Let’s face it, you’re at the mercy of the airlines, the hotels or the trains, BUT, you can do your part to make things smoother for yourself.
- Be early for flights even if you know you don’t need to be there 2 hrs early
- Have a good book, magazines, a game - something to keep you entertained
- Pack snacks so delays don’t mess up mealtime too badly
- Keep your airline phone number on your cell - call it to rebook you if your flight is cancelled. It’s usually faster than getting back in line at the ticket counter
- If traveling with a companion, pack some clothes in their bag. If your is delayed, you still have clothes.
- Except the worst, hope for the best. You’ve heard this before but it works.
- I expect 2 bad things to happen, if I only get one - I’m ahead.
- Bring earplugs - they cut the sound of screaming kids, whining adults and other stressful noise. Plus they won’t get stolen like noise reducing headphones.
- If all else fails, deep breaths -3 of them, in through the noise and out through the mouth. And keep your fingers crossed.
Happy Traveling Everybody!! Until next time, Laura